The mission of Child’s Garden is to provide a world-class preschool and childcare program rich in cutting edge, developmentally appropriate experiences. In an atmosphere that emphasizes the concepts of loving, sharing and personal excellence, our programs enable young children to grow cognitively, physically, socially and ethically so as to reach maximum potential as responsible and contributing global citizens.
We believe children flourish in an environment that is developmentally appropriate and well balanced in all areas of growth. To this end, both our preschool and before and after school programs are designed to ensure that the following are developed:
- The love of learning
- The love and respect of self, others, and the planet
- Curiosity, creativity and a sense of wonder
- A sense of personal responsibility
- Positive self-image
- Life-long good health habits
Child’s Garden Learning Center has adopted four core values that act as guiding principles for our approach to education:
- Collaboration: to collaborate with students, parents, and teachers to build a community of committed learners.
- Respect: to respect each child, parent and teacher for their unique abilities, skills and contribution to our learning community.
- Excellence: to adhere to the highest and most current standards of excellence in the field of childhood development, early childhood education, and childcare.
- Creativity: to encourage and support the natural curiosity and creativity of children, parents and teachers.
Meet the Team
Connie Van Valkenburgh
Assistant Director &
Summer Camp Director
Preschool Summer Camp
Elementary Summer Camp